The decimal 0.749 is pronounced “seven hundred forty-nine thousandths” or “zero point seven four nine”. Ten-thousandths have four digits after the decimal point. There may be zeros after the decimal point. The decimal 0.064 is pronounced “sixty-four thousandths” or “zero point zero six four”.
Thousandths place is written in decimal fractions with 1000 as denominator. Draw a square and divide it into 1000 equal parts and shade the part accordingly as explained below. If one part is shaded among the thousand parts then it is known as one-thousandth. In decimal fraction we write it as 1/1000.
Beside this, How do you write thousandths?
The third decimal digit from the decimal point is the thousandths digit. For example, 0.008 is eight thousandths. Read the whole set of three decimal digits as a number, and say “thousandths.” 0.825 has 8 tenths, 2 hundredths, and 5 thousandths.
Likewise, What is 1/8 as a decimal?
To convert 1/8 to a decimal, divide the denominator into the numerator. 1 divided by 8 = . 125. To convert the decimal .
Also, How do you round to the ten thousandths place?
First, note the place you want to round to. It says “the nearest ten thousandth” which is the fourth digit to the right of the decimal point. There is a 3 is in the ten thousandths place.
How do you write 30 thousandths?
If you divide 30 by one thousand you get 30 thousandths as a decimal which is 0.030.
22 Related Question Answers Found
How do you round to the thousandths place?
In general, to round to a certain place value, look at the digit to the right of that place value and make a decision. Example: 5.1837 to the nearest hundredth would be 5.18 (round down since 3<5 ), but to the nearest thousandth, it is 5.184 (round up because 7≥5 ).
How do you write 40 thousandths?
40 thousandths as a decimal is 0.040.
How do I write 60 hundredths as a decimal?
Write 0.6 as 0.60, which is 60 hundredths.
What is 52437 rounded to the nearest thousand answer?
In this case, since we have 52,437, the number of hundreds is 4, so we have to round down. 52,000.
What is 80531 to the nearest thousand?
How do you write out decimals?
– To write a decimal in word form, follow these steps:
– Let’s try it with 2.37. …
– First, write the whole-number part.
– Write “and” for the decimal point.
– Next, write the word form of the digits in the decimal part.
– Finally, end with the place value of the last digit.
How do you round to the nearest tens?
– If the number you are rounding is followed by 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9, round the number up. Example: 38 rounded to the nearest ten is 40. …
– If the number you are rounding is followed by 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4, round the number down. Example: 33 rounded to the nearest ten is 30.
How do you round to the nearest tens and hundreds?
– To round a number to the nearest ten, the digit in ones place is considered. If > = 5, rounded up and if < 5 rounded down. - To round a number to the nearest hundred, the digit in tens place is considered. If > = 5 rounded up and if < 5 rounded down.
How do you round to the nearest 10 100 and 1000?
– To round a number to the nearest 10, look at the amount of ones. If this is 5 or more, round up. …
– To round a number to the nearest 100, look at the tens digit. If the tens digit is 5 or more, round up. …
– To round a number to the nearest 1000, look at the hundreds digit. If the hundreds digit is 5 or more, round up.
What is the ten thousandths place?
The first digit to the right of decimal point is in the tenths place. The second digit to the right of decimal point is in the hundredths place. The third digit to the right of decimal point is in the thousandths place. The fourth digit to the right of decimal point is in the ten thousandths place and so on.
What place value is ten thousandths?
How do you round up decimals?
Rounding is a process to estimate a particular number in a context. To round a number look at the next digit in the right place, if the digit is less than 5, round down and if the digit is 5 or more than 5, round up.
Last Updated: 18 days ago – Co-authors : 7 – Users : 5