- Keep them in a cool area and stay away from areas that are near heat sources such as radiators or heaters, since hot temperatures accelerate battery self-discharge.
- In addition, al- ways avoid areas where freezing temperatures are expected during the storage pe- riod.
Thus, Do you have to winterize an electric golf cart? An electric golf cart needs to be winterized during the cold months of the year due to the vulnerability of its battery pack to cold temperatures. Low winter temperatures slow down the charge, and discharge rate, of your golf cart batteries.
Additionally How long can golf cart batteries sit without being charged? Still, golf cart batteries should be recharged after four hours of use.
What is the life expectancy of golf cart batteries? That all being said, properly maintained battery packs in fleet carts tend to last about 4-6 years while private owners tend to get about 6-10 years out of their battery packs. Other major factors include the type of options on the cart that may increase the draw from the battery pack.
What is the cost of golf cart batteries? Average Price of Golf Cart Batteries The average price of a golf cart battery replacement is going to be in the $800 to $1,500 range. Depending on the type of battery, it could even be in the $2,000 ballpark because powerful golf carts like a 72V need more expensive batteries installed.
How often should I charge my batteries in my golf cart?
4) To keep your golf car batteries at maximum capacity, use golf cart batteries often. Always remember to do a refresh charge every 45 to 60 days, and even more frequently in hotter climates.
Should I disconnect golf cart batteries for storage?
If you only have the standard charger, you will want to make sure you fully charge the batteries up prior to storage. All electrical accessories and anything that might draw off the battery pack should be disconnected. The TOW/RUN switch should be set to TOW in order to fully shut the cart down.
How do you keep golf cart batteries over winter?
Keep them in a cool area and stay away from areas that are near heat sources such as radiators or heaters, since hot temperatures accelerate battery self-discharge. In addition, al- ways avoid areas where freezing temperatures are expected during the storage pe- riod.
How do I winterize my electric golf cart?
Electric Golf Cart Winter Storage Tips
- Clean the vehicle.
- Park the vehicle in a covered, dry location.
- Fully charge the battery.
- Disconnect battery cables.
- Check the tire pressure.
- Turn the key switch to the OFF position and remove the key.
- Turn the power switch under the seat to the TOW position.
Should you disconnect golf cart batteries for storage?
Batteries will continue to self-discharge, even during periods where they are not used or are being stored away. If you don’t disconnect your battery’s wires, you may find yourself with a golf cart battery that won’t start in the spring.
How much does it cost to replace golf cart batteries?
Average Price of Golf Cart Batteries The average price of a golf cart battery replacement is going to be in the $800 to $1,500 range. Depending on the type of battery, it could even be in the $2,000 ballpark because powerful golf carts like a 72V need more expensive batteries installed.
Should I charge my golf cart every night?
Should you charge new golf cart batteries? Yes. New golf cart batteries should be charged every time they are used as this will extend their lifespan, help them retain their capacity for longer, and prevent discharge. It is vitally important to charge new golf cart batteries, even after their first use.
How often should I add water to my golf cart batteries?
Always fill the batteries after charging. The typical schedule is about once every 30 days, but this may vary by several days depending on your specific situation. When filling the batteries, add just enough water to bring it 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch shy of the indicator ring to prevent overfilling.
How do you winterize a battery operated golf cart?
How to Winterize a Golf Cart
- Thoroughly clean the golf cart with soap and water as well as a degreaser or other recommended cleaning products to remove dirt and grime. …
- Inspect the brakes. …
- Verify that the tires are properly inflated. …
- Tune up the engine if you own a gas-powered golf cart. …
- Disconnect the battery cables.