Moreover, Where is the oil filter located on a 2017 Chevy Equinox?
The 2017 chevy equinox has an oil filter located underneath the car near the oil pan. Beside the oil dipstick under the hood. 2017 chevy equinox. oil filter is beside the oil distill under the hood.
Secondly, What are the steps to changing an oil filter?
– Run your engine.
– Drive your car onto two ramps.
– Locate the oil drain plug and place the oil pan below it.
– Unscrew the plug by hand.
– Drain old oil.
– Replace oil plug.
– Remove existing oil filter.
– Lubricate the new filter and screw into place by hand.
Simply so, Where is the oil filter located on a Chevy Equinox?
The Chevy Equinox uses a cartridge type filter. It is located about the middle of the engine bay, behind the oil level dip stick. Oil Filter is located here. Using a 1 1/4″ or 32mm socket, loosen the black cover of the filter housing.
What are the steps to changing a car’s oil?
– Step 1: Jack It Up, Open It Up.
– Step 2: Unplug It, Drain It.
– Step 3: Off With the Old Filter.
– Step 4: Drain Plug in, Filter On.
– Step 5: Fill It Back Up with Oil.
– Step 6: Check the Oil Level, Check for Leaks.
25 Related Question Answers Found
– Remove the oil fill cap.
– Take note, this vehicle requires dexos approved 5W-30 Oil.
– Raise and support the vehicle if necessary.
– Remove the 15 mm oil drain plug.
– Allow oil to drain into a pan.
– Replace and tighten the 15 mm drain plug.
– Remove the oil filter, using a filter wrench, if necessary.
does a Chevy Equinox need synthetic oil? The Equinox requires 5W30 synthetic blend oil. There are two different engines in the Equinox, a 3.6 L and a 2.4 L. It is very important to put the correct type and amount of oil in your engine to avoid premature wear on your engine.
Regularly changing your car’s engine oil and filter are some of the most important things you can do to keep your car running well. Fortunately, changing your oil is both easy and inexpensive, so the sooner you change the oil in your car if it needs it, the better.
– Getting Started – Prepare for the repair.
– Open the Hood – How to pop the hood and prop it open.
– Find Oil Drain – Locate the oil drain plug underneath the vehicle.
– Drain Oil – Set up the workspace, drain oil and replace plug.
– Find Oil Filter – Locate the oil filter.
Removing the filter always causes oil spillage as the oil queued up for the filter will drain out when it is removed. Plus there’s whats in the filter itself. Put a pan under the filter and you’ll catch the run off. In short, it doesn’t matter if you drain the oil first or replace the filter first.
Chevy Equinox 1.5L / 2.0L 2018, Premium™ Spin-On Engine Oil Filter by Bosch®. Premium engine performance requires a premium oil filter. Bosch Premium Oil Filters protect your engine by keeping harmful particles and dirt out, Chevy Equinox 2018, Extra Guard™ Engine Oil Filter by FRAM®.
It’s a simple process that requires few tools, and it’s a sure way to save some money while you avoid the hassle of sitting in a dull waiting room somewhere reading outdated magazines. More than anything, the basic oil change is a great way to connect with your vehicle and take some control over its maintenance.
Chevy Equinox 2.0L 2020, SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 Quarts by Mobil 1®.
– Lack of engine lubrication.
– Premature engine wear and tear.
– Internal engine damage.
– Loss of oil pressure.
Yes, you can absolutely change your oil filter without emptying the oil. The placement of the oil is actually untouched by a filter change. If any oil comes out, it is only what is trapped beyond your anti-drainback gasket inside the filter.
about 30-45 minutes
Last Updated: 20 days ago – Co-authors : 5 – Users : 4