– ✦ Attend a Luau.
– ✧ Go Whale Watching.
– ✦ Swim with Sea Turtles.
– ✦ See the 7 Sacred Pools of Ohe’o Gulch.
– ✦ Walk on a Black Sand Beach.
– ✧ Pose With Lahaina’s Banyan Tree.
– ✦ Tour a Pineapple Farm.
– ✧ Learn to Hula.
Including Lahaina, Kaanapali, and Kapalua. Initially developed in the 1960s, West Maui remains one of the most popular destinations to stay and play on the island of Maui. Here you’ll find the old whaling village of Lahaina in addition to the resort area of Kaanapali that stretches along the coastline here.
Moreover, What is the best side of Maui to stay on?
Secondly, What should you not miss when visiting Hawaii?
– Explore Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
– Go whale watching in Maui.
– Circle the island on a tour of Oahu.
– Discover the history of Pearl Harbor.
– Dive in at Molokini.
– Take to the skies in a helicopter tour.
– Travel the road to Hana.
– Soak up Haleakala’s sunrise.
Simply so, Is it better to stay in Wailea or Kaanapali?
In a nutshell, Wailea is more upscale and less crowded. Kaanapali is near many more commercial attractions.
What is the best month to go to Maui?
The best times to visit Maui are April through May and September through November. The spring and fall shoulder seasons provide the pleasant weather Hawaii vacationers seek without the high rates and heavy crowds that accompany the summer and winter.
17 Related Question Answers Found
– On the South Shore, Kihei, Wailea, and Makena are very dry areas that average just a few meager inches of rain a year.
– Moving north from Lahaina, Kaanapali is your next best bet, receiving slightly more than the areas south of town.
Leeward West Similar to the South of Maui, most of the leeward side of West Maui is located on lower ground near the coast. This area is warmer, sunnier, and drier than the rest of the island.
South Maui will be a little drier and sunnier than the western coast, so if you’re primary activity is sunbathing, South Maui may be the place for you. But almost everywhere you go in Maui will have plenty of sunshine and warm weather. North of Wailea is the little community of Kihei.
Maui is generally a safe place, both for visitors and those of us who live here. Our island welcomes nearly 3 million visitors each year, and the vast majority of those people experience nothing more distressing than a sunburn. Crime does exist on Maui.
1 Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head State Monument Waikiki, with its beautiful stretch of oceanfront beach, is Hawaii’s biggest tourist attraction.
This is one of the most popular paths on Maui. Not only is it a gorgeous beachfront walkway with an easy flat surface, it starts just around the corner from the Black Rock Sheraton and a few other resorts, so it’s a cinch for anyone staying nearby.
Rainfall on Maui There is a “wet” and “dry” side of the Island as well. The south side of Maui (the areas of Kihei, Wailea and Makena) are typically warm and dry (less then 10 inches of rain per year). While the west side (Lahaina, Ka’anapali and Kapalua) get more rain, nearly triple the amount.
– Hawaii is known for stunning beaches.
– Surfers of all skill levels ride the perfect waves found at Hawaii’s beaches.
– Hawiians exchange flower garlands called leis.
– Kamehameha became Hawaii’s first king in 1810.
– Hula is a Hawaiian dance that tells a story.
– Built in 1879, Iolani Palace was the home of Hawaiian monarchs.
– Don’t stand next to the blowhole.
– Don’t eat at a chain restaurant.
– Don’t let a commercial luau be your only exposure to Hawaiian culture.
– Don’t limit your visit to Oahu.
– And don’t avoid the Island of Hawaii.
– Don’t only stay in resort towns.
– Don’t hike illegally or start a hike late in the day.
– Don’t take lava rocks.
Hawaii Liquor Hawaii is gaining ground in the world of distilleries and where most utilize sugarcane to make vodka, rum, whiskey and liqueur. The most recognized of these distilleries is Ocean Vodka. Ocean Vodka produces Maui made organic vodka from sugarcane and deep ocean mineral water.
Last Updated: 24 days ago – Co-authors : 7 – Users : 10