Perspicacious is an adjective that means “shrewd” and “wise.” A perspicacious child can’t be fooled when her parents try to keep a secret by talking in Pig Latin. … A definition of perspicacious that is out of date but still relevant is “having keen eyesight” and people who can see clearly are also aware and attentive!
Something loathsome is disgusting, distasteful, foul, revolting, and yucky. It’s probably gross and awful, too. Some loathsome things are even repellent and nauseating. Other times, this word has a more general meaning. A corrupt politician is considered loathsome because he has no morals.
Beside this, How do you use perspicacious in a sentence?
1. He was perspicacious enough to realize that things were soon going to change. 2. It was very perspicacious of you to find the cause of the trouble so quickly.
Likewise, How might you describe someone who is unabashed?
(ʌnəbæʃt ) adjective. If you describe someone as unabashed, you mean that they are not ashamed, embarrassed, or shy about something, especially when you think most people would be. He seems unabashed by his recent defeat.
Also, What does perspicuity mean?
Perspicuity refers to something that can be seen through, i.e., to lucidity, clearness of style or exposition, freedom from obscurity: the perspicuity of her argument.
What is an unlettered person?
Someone who’s unlettered hasn’t read many books or spent much time in school. Your unlettered cousin might not understand the Shakespearean quotes you like to throw into conversation. Use the adjective unlettered to describe a person who is uneducated or ignorant.
17 Related Question Answers Found
What is the meaning of indispensable person?
adjective. If you say that someone or something is indispensable, you mean that they are absolutely essential and other people or things cannot function without them. She was becoming indispensable to him.
How do you describe someone who is determined?
resolute Add to list Share. Use the adjective resolute to describe a purposeful and determined person, someone who wants to do something very much, and won’t let anything get in the way.
What does unsophisticated person mean?
1. adjective. Unsophisticated people do not have a wide range of experience or knowledge and have simple tastes. It was music which unsophisticated audiences enjoyed listening to. Synonyms: naive, innocent, inexperienced, unworldly More Synonyms of unsophisticated.
What does it mean to be unsophisticated?
: not sophisticated: such as. a : not changed or corrupted : genuine. b(1) : not worldly-wise : lacking social or economic sophistication. (2) : lacking complexity of structure : simple, straightforward an unsophisticated analysis unsophisticated rhythms.
How do you use perspicacity in a sentence?
– The detective’s perspicacity allowed him to easily recognize the criminal in the crowd. …
– Because the billionaire is known for his perspicacity, many people wait to follow his stock-buying trends. …
– Students rarely act up in Mrs.
How do you use unabashed in a sentence?
Unabashed sentence example. Tammy could swim almost as well as Lisa, but Sarah couldn’t swim at all, confessing unabashed that she was afraid of the water. It was strange how he could blush at praise, but watch with unabashed interest while she nursed their child.
How do you use indispensable in a sentence?
– When an end is lawful and obligatory, the indispensable means to is are also lawful and obligatory.
– No man is indispensable.
– This is an indispensable book.
– He had soon made himself indispensable.
– Affection is desirable. …
– Computer is indispensable to modern life.
How do you use mendacity in a sentence?
– Because Melinda was known for her mendacity, she was the first suspect the police interviewed. …
– You can always tell a con man by his mendacity and desire to trick you out of your money. …
– Since honesty is very important to me, I was deeply offended by my ex-husband’s mendacity.
What is the synonym of indispensable?
In this page you can discover 32 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for indispensable, like: unavoidable, necessary, vital, needed, de rigueur, obligatory, fundamental, nonessential, requisite, sine qua non and invaluable.
What does mendacity mean in politics?
Add to list Share
How do you use perspicacious?
– The perspicacious fireman quickly detected the cause of the fire. …
– Many perspicacious investors sold their tech stocks long before the market crashed. …
– The perspicacious salesman earned a great living because he knew how to read his customers.
What is unlettered prophet?
Rumi, the great Sufi sage and poet explains that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was called “unlettered” not because he was unable to read or write, he was called that because his “letters” — his knowledge and wisdom — were innate, not acquired. Prophets come out of non-phonic world into the world of words.
Last Updated: 9 days ago – Co-authors : 8 – Users : 6