● to state one’s opinions confidently and act in a way that will make people take notice of one.5 days ago
to state with assurance, confidence, or force; state strongly or positively; affirm; aver: He asserted his innocence of the crime. … to state as having existence; affirm; postulate: to assert a first cause as necessary.
Moreover, What is the synonym of assert?
SYNONYMS. declare, maintain, contend, argue, state, claim, propound, submit, posit, postulate, adduce, move, advocate, venture, volunteer, aver, proclaim, announce, pronounce, attest, affirm, protest, profess, swear, insist, avow. formal opine. rare asseverate.
Secondly, How do you use the word assertion in a sentence?
– This assertion was firm.
– The simple assertion was a waterfall after a month without a drop of information about her.
– This book began with the assertion that it is the optimists who get things done.
Simply so, What word means to claim or assert?
Some common synonyms of assert are affirm, avow, declare, and protest. While all these words mean “to state positively usually in anticipation of denial or objection,” assert implies stating confidently without need for proof or regard for evidence.
What is the synonym of confirmed?
Some common synonyms of confirm are authenticate, corroborate, substantiate, validate, and verify. While all these words mean “to attest to the truth or validity of something,” confirm implies the removing of doubts by an authoritative statement or indisputable fact.
19 Related Question Answers Found
: the act of asserting or something that is asserted: such as. a : insistent and positive affirming, maintaining, or defending (as of a right or attribute) an assertion of ownership/innocence. b : a declaration that something is the case He presented no evidence to support his assertions.
Assertions should be used to check something that should never happen, while an exception should be used to check something that might happen. For example, a function might divide by 0, so an exception should be used, but an assertion could be used to check that the harddrive suddenly disappears.
– Create an image of strength in your mind.
– Believe in yourself and your values.
– Understand your own boundaries.
– Know what you want and what your purpose is.
– Be respectful of others (and yourself).
– Express clearly what your expectations are.
– Practice your assertiveness often.
Do not use assertions to check the parameters of a public method. An assert is inappropriate because the method guarantees that it will always enforce the argument checks. Further, the assert construct does not throw an exception of the specified type. It can throw only an AssertionError .
In this page you can discover 24 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for assertion, like: affirmation, rejection, declaration, claim, contention, allegation, asseveration, averment, statement, affirm and argument.
b : to compel or demand acceptance or recognition of (something, such as one’s authority) the confrontations that inevitably occur [between orangutans] when several males try to assert dominance —
– Save your cat the trouble of washing itself with this cat wash.
– Isn’t this a chance for Europe to pull itself together?
– The commercial law firm model has proven itself extremely resilient.
– The car itself was also extremely slow.
– International law itself is extremely subjective.
– Be clear. Try to ask for what you want openly and in a straightforward manner, and state your feelings clearly without directly or indirectly demeaning the other person.
– Make eye contact.
– Keep your posture positive.
– Do your homework.
– Take time out.
– Avoid accusing.
– Keep your cool.
An assertion is a statement in Java which ensures the correctness of any assumptions which have been done in the program. When an assertion is executed, it is assumed to be true. If the assertion is false, the JVM will throw an Assertion error. Assertions in Java can be done with the help of the assert keyword.
In this page you can discover 14 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for rapscallion, like: knave, scalawag, scallywag, varlet, rouge, rogue, rascal, (colloq.) rascal, miscreant, monkey and villain.
Itself is a reflexive pronoun, being the reflexive form of it. It can be used especially in the following ways: as an object that refers to the same thing that is the subject of the sentence or that was mentioned earlier in the sentence: The machine switches itself off when it has finished printing.
– Understand assertiveness.
– Keep your communication style in line.
– Understand and accept differences.
– Speak simply and directly.
– Exercise the power of “I.”
– Stay calm.
– Set boundaries.
Last Updated: 18 days ago – Co-authors : 12 – Users : 10