Monterey is in Monterey County and is one of the best places to live in California. Living in Monterey offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents rent their homes. In Monterey there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. The public schools in Monterey are above average.
Due to the recent order by the State of California, some Cannery Row businesses and restaurants are temporarily closed to customers. … When visiting, please wear a face mask as required by the State of California and maintain a safe social distance.
Moreover, What is there to do in Monterey today?
– Monterey Museum of Art (MMA) © Monterey Museum of Art.
– Cannery Row, Monterey, California.
– Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary.
– Monterey Bay Coastal Recreational Trail.
– Fisherman’s Wharf Monterey.
– Monterey State Historic Park.
– El Estero Park, Monterey, California.
– Golden State Theatre, Monterey, CA.
Secondly, How do I spend a day in Monterey?
– Grab something to eat at Earthbound Farms.
– Explore nature by taking a mid-morning hike.
– Relish in Carmel’s art scene.
– Head to Monterey via the 17-Mile Drive.
– Take a break for lunch.
– Visit Monterey Bay Aquarium.
– Touring Cannery Row.
– Have dinner at Peter B’s Brewpub.
Simply so, Is it expensive to live in Monterey CA?
Is Monterey a safe city?
With a population of 28,289, Monterey has a combined rate of violent and property crime that is very high compared to other places of similar population size.
24 Related Question Answers Found
– #1. Carmel-by-the-Sea. free. #1 in Monterey.
– #2. Point Lobos State Natural Reserve. free. #2 in Monterey.
– #3. Monterey Bay Aquarium. #3 in Monterey. Find Tours & Tickets.
– #4. Pebble Beach Golf Links. #4 in Monterey. Golf, Recreation.
– #5. 17-Mile Drive. #5 in Monterey. Find Tours & Tickets.
– #6. Old Fisherman’s Wharf. free.
– #7. Cannery Row. free.
Monterey cost of living is 176.4.
Whether it’s your first or 10th time visiting the area, the stunning scenery along the 17-Mile Drive never disappoints. The beaches and coastal terrain — best found in Point Lobos State Natural Reserve — are also worth exploring.
– Carmel-by-the-Sea. Town in California. 21 reviews.
– Del Monte Forest. Town in California. #2 Best Places to Live in Monterey County.
– Pacific Grove. Town in California.
– Monterey. Town in California.
– Carmel Valley Village. Town in California.
– Del Rey Oaks. Town in California.
– Seaside. Town in California.
– Marina. Town in California.
Monterey High is ranked #3,130 in the National Rankings. Schools are ranked on their performance on state-required tests, graduation and how well they prepare students for college. Read more about how we rank the Best High Schools.
In Monterey, the summers are short, comfortable, dry, and mostly clear and the winters are cold, wet, and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 44°F to 68°F and is rarely below 37°F or above 77°F.
Monterey is as much as 13% more expensive than the state average! In some areas, Monterey is more or less equal to the rest of the state.
The best time to visit Monterey is between April and May. Spring offers warmer temperatures, fewer crowds and food festivals dishing out delectable eats, including Pebble Beach Food & Wine and the Artichoke Festival in Castroville.
Places to Swim Near Shore. The Monterey Bay has 31.5 miles of continuous sandy beach, broken only briefly by the Moss Landing harbor entrance near the center of the bay. For more friendly waters and the company of other swimmers, head north or south to the protected water at each end of the bay.
– Monterey Bay Aquarium.
– 17-Mile Drive.
– Monterey Bay.
– Dennis the Menace Park.
– Monterey Peninsula Recreational Trail.
– Old Fisherman’s Wharf.
– Coast Guard Pier.
– Cannery Row.
Last Updated: 10 days ago – Co-authors : 8 – Users : 5