– She did not sit down but looked at him with a contemptuous smile, waiting for the valet to go. …
– One of the audience, with a contemptuous remark, took a handful of pebbles to pelt him with. …
– In contemptuous condemnation he was called the friend of the outcasts (Matt.
kən-tĕmp’cho͝o-əs. Filters. The definition of contemptuous is someone who is full of hatred for someone or something. An example of contemptuous is how white supremacists feel about people of color.
Beside this, What does unceasingly mean?
: never ceasing : continuous, incessant unceasing efforts unceasing vigilance.
Likewise, How do you use the word contempt?
– He will be charged with contempt of court. …
– We were prepared for contempt proceedings at any of the hearings. …
– Her partiality for him increased as her contempt and hatred of Darnley became more confirmed. …
– They held a contempt for politicians. …
– He was a stuntman; but, he held a contempt of danger.
Also, What is an example of contentious?
An example of contentious is a person who always likes to argue. An example of contentious is a tense situation that is likely to lead to arguments. Given to contention; quarrelsome.
How do you use contemptuously?
The handsome Vera smiled contemptuously but did not seem at all hurt. She laughed contemptuously and said she was not a fool to want to have children, and that she was not going to have any children by me. To conciliate the revolutionary his offers were contemptuously refused.
19 Related Question Answers Found
How do you use complacent in a simple sentence?
– The student grew complacent about the challenges ahead. …
– You should not have a complacent attitude toward unemployment. …
– The swimmer was complacent about any situation during a dive. …
– The manner in which this condition of complacent ignorance came to be disturbed is instructive.
What is the example of contentious?
The definition of contentious is someone who is argumentative or a situation where there is discord. An example of contentious is a person who always likes to argue. An example of contentious is a tense situation that is likely to lead to arguments.
What is an example of contempt?
The definition of contempt is a feeling of scorn towards another person or an act showing disrespect for someone or something. An example of contempt is the feeling that someone has for a person who stole her precious jewelry.
What are signs of contempt?
It manifests in behavior like sarcasm, eye-rolling, regular interruption, criticism, and regular impatience. The person showing contempt has work to do on their communication… But relationships are a two-way street.
What does clad mean in cookware?
Let me explain. All-Clad makes every piece of its stainless steel cookware by bonding (i.e., cladding) exterior layers of steel together with a core layer of aluminum (or, in some cases, copper). The steel exterior enhances durability, while the aluminum core conducts heat fast and evenly.
How do you use accentuate in a sentence?
– The bright colored eyeliner will accentuate Ann’s beautiful eyes. …
– When shopping, Kathryn always picks out blouses that accentuate her tiny waist. …
– Harry tried to accentuate the positive aspects of moving into a smaller home.
What is a synonym for unceasingly?
ənˈsiːsɪŋ) Uninterrupted in time and indefinitely long continuing. Synonyms. ceaseless continuous perpetual uninterrupted unremitting constant never-ending incessant.
How do you use intertwined?
– Phoronis is often gregarious, the tubes which it secretes being sometimes intertwined in an inextricable mass. …
– Your path is intertwined with Darian’s, so you’ll be there when he needs to know this.
What does clad body mean?
: sheathe, face specifically : to cover (a metal) with another metal by bonding stainless steel plates were clad with copper. clad. Definition of clad (Entry 4 of 5)
How do you use complacency in a sentence?
– Because of the complacency of the guards, enemy spies were able to sneak into the castle. …
– Jill’s husband was not able to see through his veil of complacency until Jill left him for another man.
What does it mean to be treated with contempt?
Filters. Consider someone or something to be unworthy of respect or attention.
What is Complaceny?
The danger is that being too complacent can derail your career. Dictionary.com’s definition of complacency is “a feeling of quiet pleasure or security, often while unaware of some potential danger, defect, or the like; self-satisfaction or smug satisfaction with an existing situation, condition, etc.”Apr 12, 2013
Last Updated: 11 days ago – Co-authors : 6 – Users : 8