– 1Cut string. Cut a length of string for your lei.
– 2Make the flowers. Make 16 or more flowers out of paper, craft foam or felt.
– 3Make the leaves.
– 4Punch a hole at the center.
– 5Cut drinking straws.
– 6String together.
– 7Tie a knot after the last piece.
– 8Tie the ends together.
Moreover, How do you make a simple lei?
– Step 1: Cut the tissue paper into pieces about 3 inches wide and 2 inches long.
– Step 2: Tie one piece of tissue paper around the rope or ribbon.
– Step 3: Repeat with the second color next to the first.
– Step 4: Leave them slightly spread out about an inch in between colors.
Secondly, How do you make a ribbon lei?
Simply so, How do you make a chocolate lei for graduation?
Cut 6-8 inch pieces of curling ribbon and tie one in between each candy bar. Tie the two ends together using more curling ribbon. Repeat for the second set of candy bars and your candy bar lei is all done! If you want to make this gift even better, you could make little money bows and attach them in between each candy.
How do you make a graduation lei with money and candy?
19 Related Question Answers Found
The leis traditionally made in Hawaii are made from local foliage with seeds and flowers adorning them. Bark and vines are often used to create the strands that hold these leis together. The lei maker takes a needle and pierces the materials being used. Each is strung together to create a lei that resembles a necklace.
They can also be made with feathers, shells, leaves, nuts, and ribbons. Men often wear lei made of kukui nuts or leaves, and grooms and male prom dates are often seen in maile, which are open-ended vine lei and are known as the “lei of royalty.”May 2, 2014
My favorite ribbon for lei is 3/8″ satin ribbon. With 1/4″ ribbon, I usually need about 3-4 yards of each color. This means you can buy two 10 yard spools for a dollar or two each and make three lei from them! That’s pretty inexpensive.
If you have a graduating senior in your life, you’ve probably scrounging for the perfect gift, and in your hectic Googling you may have come across the term money lei. It’s exactly what it sounds like: a lei made of money instead of fresh flowers.
– Collect some fresh flowers.
– Cut off the stems of each flower.
– Cut your string.
– Thread the needle.
– String the first flower.
– String the remaining flowers.
– Finish the lei.
Determine what amount of money you’d like to gift. If you need extra flowers, you can create more from paper and intermix them with the money. A typical money lei could, for example, consist of 30 $1 bills and 30 paper flowers, 50 $1 bills or even 20 $5 bills and 20 flowers. The variety and amount is up to you.
Last Updated: 20 days ago – Co-authors : 13 – Users : 4